Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Scrapbook Saturday # 19 - Land of Learning

Welcome! Welcome to another Saturday posting. Todays post is a one page layout. Again, I'm so behnd on my kids photos. Actually, I just started scrapbooking about 3 years ago and so I've had alot to catch up and keep up on. I've been keeping preset with current events and then going back when I have a little time and scrapbooking the kids earlier photos. Hopfully one day I'll be all caught up and I can work on something for me. I'd like to leave my children a scrapbook of all the things I enjoyed and accomplished during my lifetime. Ooops, sidetracked!

The photos were taken about 8 years ago when I had a much older camera so dark and fuzzy they are. (Sorry for the mix in sintax.  I recently re-watched Starwars and I've been a little yoda lately! lol)
I ended up tearing the paper to the right of the bottom photo when I was nearly done with the page so I put it aside for a while until my fustration subsided andwent looking for something to cover it with. I cut out some waves but they looked out of place. Then I thought about a recipe card embellishment and wrioe a little something on it. That worked fine to hide my booboo.

Finally this little whale from Create A Critter Cricut cartridge. I layered it up and added some glitter to the splash.  All in all, I think it came together nicely. Boy! What a difference in the quality of the photos these days. I think the digital photos make scrapbooking so much easier. I really had to work to make this page presentable and even then, I struggle with it since it can't compare to the pages of photos I've recently taken this year. Ugggh!

I hope your having a fantastic weekend so far and I hope you take the time for yourself and make something beautiful!

No comments: