Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Thursday, September 3, 2015

UMT-Lunch Notes

Happy Thursday Everyone!Welcome to this week's Using My Tools Thursday. Today's project is not only cute, fun but also something your kids will love. Today's tools are a whole lotta kid stamps. My kids are 17, 15 and 13 so these stamps haven't seen the light of day for ages!

Even though my kids are teens, I couldn't help but make these anyway. I plan to leave them on their pillow rather than in their lunch bag since I think they would be mortified if their friends at the Middle and High schools found them! In any case, my kids will always be my babies so I wanted to give this technique a try, even if, I do get a bunch of eye rolling from my "too grown up" kids. ;-)

I found a tutorial on how to make these from Jennifer McGuire. I will link it here. She uses a die set but I just used cartridges from my Cricut. I couldn't see spending $25.00 for the die set to make these lunch notes when I had cut files already.  I grabbed various stamps from different sets and just went crazy! I made 24 notes. 

Maybe I'll give you an update on how it went over with my teens....at least secretly, I think they'll be grateful mom took the extra time to leave encouraging and loving notes for them. I wish I paper crafted when they were little because I definitely would have put these to good use in elementary school!

Well, I hope you have a fabulous weekend and find time to make something beautiful!

Thank you to my followers for always checking out my latest creation and Thank you if your visiting. Please consider following me. If you become a follower I'll send you a shout out on my next Feature Friday post and link your blog so others can visit you too. Oh and how could I forget--you'll be entered in my BLOG CANDY drawing.  Next drawing when I reach 250 followers!!!!!
( Unfortunately, there are some who have not posted in the comments or sent me the link to their blog in an email. I will not be hunting for your blog so if you don't post your blog address I won't be able to link it up)

1 comment:

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute lunch box notes. I used to put notes in hubby's lunchbox when we were first married (55 years ago) what a fab. idea to connect with your children.