Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Using My Tools Thursday # 9 - Polka Dot

 Welcome, welcome! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for tuning in for the next posting of Using My Tools Thursday. This week I used a dot stamp...I kept repeating the dot theme throughout the card. I embossed dots, used dot paper and picked up the dots in the flower centers.

I used Mojo Monday Sketch for March 16, 2009. You can find Mojo Monday sketches here. They are great for inspiration! If you're looking for A2 card size sketches that include measurements you can try the Stars and Stripes blog at Operation Write Home. They  post a new one every week. You can find the blog here.

So, I stamped the dots with Paper Smooches stamp, Geo-Graphics. I then embossed them using Stampendous embossing powder in Pirate Gold. I added the ribbon and curry embroidery thread for texture. 
I've been making more encouragment-like cards to have handy. I'm trying to build up a little stash so when it comes to needing a specific themed card I'm not stressed out under a deadline. Often times my husband will come to me and say, "Can you make me a card for my ....?" Depending on my crazy scedule at the time, I then scramble to make something and it never comes out as good as when I have time to play.


I also used my 3D cut files from SVGCuts.com again. I just love that I can size the flowers to whatever I need. The cut file includes centers but I liked the shimmer of the stickers that I purchased from 
Wal-mart. The flowers are cut at 1.25 and 1.5 inches. You can find the SVGCut.com  files here. The stamp came from a $ stamp I bought from JoAnn Fabrics. Unfortunately there wasn't a specific set name on the package.


So, that's it. My Thursday using my tools posting. I hope you are inspired to use some tools that you were so excited to buy and then put aside never to be used. I would love to have you follow me and I'd be glad to follow you! I've begun to list the blogs I follow on a side column in my blog so others can check them out. Slow going with my limited time to craft and blog but it's getting there! lol  Again, have a wonderful Thursday and please go make something beautiful!

No comments: