Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Thursday, November 5, 2015

UMT- Vintage Notepad Cover

Welcome to my newest Using My Tools Post. Today's project is something different than I usually do. I decided to take on a notebook cover and use some of my Wild Orchid flowers I haven't used in a while. In fact, I got ambitious and made 8 different notebook styles and I'll be posting those over the next several weeks. I hope you like today's project and find inspiration to pull out of your stash some gentle neglected tool, embellishment or paper of your own and make something beautiful.
I began by watching a Youtube tutorial on how to make this notebook Cover. You can find the tutorial on my blog under the tutorial tab. I started the project by pulling some images from a google search resizing them and then printed it in color. 
I then made the cover per the instructions in the tutorial, added the pattern paper to the pen, some photo corner mounts and the flowers
Here's a closeup of the flower decorations

Here's a close up of the pen

and a close up of the decorated notebook

I hope you are inspired to try making this notebook yourself. Again, you can find the tutorial I used under my tutorial tab.

Supplies:
Bazzill Mud Pie cardstock
12x12 Recollections Memories Documented paper stack
R.S.V.P. pen
Wild Orchid paper flowers
notepads purchased from walmart (6 pack)

Have  a wonderful Thursday! Now...make sure to make something beautiful today!

Thank you to my followers for always checking out my latest creation and Thank you if your visiting. Please consider following me. If you become a follower I'll send you a shout out on this weeks Feature Friday post and link your blog so others can visit you too. Oh and how could I forget--you'll be entered in my BLOG CANDY drawing.  Next drawing when I reach 250 followers!!!!!
( Unfortunately, there are some who have not posted in the comments or sent me the link to their blog in an email. I will not be hunting for your blog so if you don't post your blog address I won't be able to link it up)

1 comment:

Barbara Godden said...

what a lovely vintage noteboook, the image is gorgeous and the flowers beautiful. thanks for the tutorial.