Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Monday, November 2, 2015

CMM - Pretty in Pink Glitter

Hello and Welcome to my Card Making Monday post! I am so excited to share with you today's card. This card has a little story and comes with a warning, actually a tip or recommendation I should say ;-). Today's card uses a new to me tutorial which I will link under my tutorial tab. Just look for the picture of todays card (see warning below)
I just love how this card turned out! So feminine and I just love the clean look and all that pink!

  
I used glossy accents to attach my glitter and then once all my glitter dried I went back with another thin layer of glossy accents to seal it in. I thought I might add another layer of acetate but then i realized any loose glitter would just get trapped inbetween the two layers of acetate and make a mess so i thought sealing it in with glossy accents was the best choice.

here comes...the warning. lol. 
When I decided to attempt this card it was one of those sleepless nights. Hubby snoring and all. it was about 1am and I completed my first glitter acetate card by 2am.
This was my first attempt.

the warning...don't craft at 2am. lol yuck!

Supplies:
Blended Bloom by Stampin' Up 
Flourentine Gold, Tourmaline & Kunzite Martha Stewart glitter 
white StazOn
white sequins
Dual Tone Prizm Diamond by Jolee's Boutique
silver thread
pink glitter ribbon



I hope you enjoyed my glitter acetate card as much as I do. Have a great Monday and now it's your turn to make something beautiful!

Thank you to my followers for always checking out my latest creation and Thank you if your visiting. Please consider following me. If you become a follower I'll send you a shout out my next Feature Friday post and link your blog so others can visit you too. Oh and how could I forget--you'll be entered in my BLOG CANDY drawing.  Next drawing when I reach 250 followers!!!!!
( Unfortunately, there are some who have not posted in the comments or sent me the link to their blog in an email. I will not be hunting for your blog so if you don't post your blog address I won't be able to link it up)

Challenges:
Hanna and Friends- Flowers
Brown Sugar Challenge-Flowers
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Flowers
Wags n' Wiskers- Not a Square
HIMCR- Freestyle
Catch the Bug- Black/White and a pop of color
Glitter 'N' Sparkle- AG
613 Avenue Create- AG
Cupcake Inspirations - Photo inspiration
Artistic Inspirations-AG/B-day

15 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This is wonderful!! Love it so much!

Barbara Godden said...

This is Gorgeous. good tip about sealing it with the glossy accents.ty

Debbie Bonczek said...

Wow . . . that's a beautiful card. Absolutely love it!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at HIMCR, good luck!!! Amy DT

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous design! Really love the sparkle you've achieved on this! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at {Cupcake Inspirations}! Hope you will play again! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT Sweetie

Indy's Designs said...

This is so beautiful! So glad you were inspired to join this week's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Dana Joy said...

Stunning card Amy. Found it in the OCC gallery. I'm a 2am stamper too. Lol

Sandy said...

So pretty! I love glitter! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!
-Sandy, DT Sweetie

Tammy Miller said...

Love your project thanks so much for joining our October Recipe Challenge at Catch the Bug! Hope to see you again very soon!

Unknown said...

So lovely! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations! - Eva, Sweetie DT -

Naki said...

They're so lovely, I love them! Thanks for joining us over at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

Shawna said...

I haven't seen this SU stamp in awhile and I want to thank you for sharing it with us today at BSCB.. Love the two toned glitter and the composition of the card is so sparkly and pretty. You should join House of Cards challenge..This card would be perfect for the challenge this month... Thank you for joining us at BSCB.. and hope to see you at HOC
Hugs,
Shawna DT

Katydid Cards said...

If only you had warned me sooner...it would have saved me from making far too many really nasty looking cards while sleep deprived!

SandyK said...

This is beautiful - I love all the shine! My blog is colorfulencouragement.com

Tinstar said...

Wow, love the effect you’ve got on these cards.. you’ve inspired me to try this technique.
My blog is tinstardesigns.wordpress.com