Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Write Home Wednesdays-Mickey Hello

Hello friends! I am beginning a NEW series of posts  for Wednesdays. My motivation is to actually meet my goal of 150 cards made and sent to Operation Write Home by the end of the year. So keep me accountable guys! 

I will be combining the sketches Operation Write Home posts on Saturdays and their Mid-week Throwdown Challenge. These projects will be posted later on Wednesday nights since I'll most likely be tackling them after work.

So onto my cards....
The MWT Theme is Masculine
This is my inspiration Sketch #219
219


The MWT Theme is Disney 
This is my inspiration Sketch #220 Iadded stitching to add some demension and texture. You can find tips and strategies on how to add stitching to your cards here. You can also find more tutorials on my tutorial tab here.
220
I popped up the top portion of the Mickey and glued the feet to the card elements to keep Mickey level on the card.

These posts will be short. It's just a way of motivating me to complete my OWH cards and sharing them with you. Have a great night! If you have any questions about the products or techniques I've used on these cards please feel free to send me an email using the contact form on the right.

If you want to know more about Operation Write Home click on the image below and it will bring you to their home page. They also have a blog with lots of creative ideas and tutorials. I hope these cards inspire your creativity and maybe you'll be encouraged to send some of your homemade cards to our soldiers overseas too through Operation Write Home!


Challenges:


9 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Wonderful job on both cards. Love the way you did your Disney and the masculine is just perfect with the colors scheme and the burlap. Could not be better. Glad you are sticking to your goal. We'll be cracking the whip LOL !!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Donna...making cards for OWH is so rewarding and offers a sense of accomplishment.

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue x

Unknown said...

Lovely cards, love the extra stitching on the Mickey card, adds a extra special touch. TFS!

Annie S. said...

Awesome cards, Amy! I like the added burlap on the masculine card and Mickey is so cute! I had a bit of trouble with that layout but I like how you layered and added the stitching. It works beautifully! TFS!

craftysahmiam said...

Some luck y heroes (and recipients) and going to love your cards: the mix of patterned papers, burlap and ribbon make for a lovely masculine card and the Mickey card with the touch or stitching and popping him up is too sweet.

Joey said...

Two fabulous cards, love the colours on the top one, thanks for joining us at without words. Joey x

Jo said...

FAbulous masculine card, my fav colour combo too! Thanks for joining our Things with Wings challenge over at Crafty Calendar this month, hope to see you again!
hugs Jo x

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous creation. Love the masculine feel of the first and the fun bright colouring of the second.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}