Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

TTT- Military Salute

Hello and welcome to this fortnights Tip Top Tuesday Challenge. For this challenge we are challenged to use a number on our project and although July 4th is a little bit away I thought this fabulous digi called Army Bear by Meljens fit the bill.  I used a box card tutorial. You can find the tutorial here and many more tutorials tutorial tab here. You can also find the demensional banner tutorial here and many more tutorials under my tutorial tab here.

We have a fabulous tutorial over at Tip Top Tuesday Challenge Blog on the latest craze in card making.  The box card. Go on over and check it out.

Here's my take on the box card using that great digital image! I would love to send this to Operation Write Home as a donated card. Wouldn't it be so COOL to have a little boy or girl get this from his daddy! Not so sure OWH could use this with the weird dimensions but I'll have to shoot Sandy an email and find out! If you want to learn more about OWH click the badge on the right.

Here's an angled view that gives you a better look at the side and how I popped up the sentiment banner.

This card won:
5/2/2014   5/2/2014                     

Top view to see the embellishments placed at the back
The best part of this project is my recycled item! I used pieces cut from a 12 x 12 plastic paper storage envelope. After a while they crack and become messy so I cut up what's left of some solid pieces and use them to prop up elements in the card. You can see one of the strips attached to the eagle.

I had lots of fun making this card. There is so much to look at and it is so darn cute!

Products:
Bazzell cardstock
Hero Arts sentiment
SVG files from Uncle Sam's Extravaganza Collection Part 1 & 2 from SVGCuts.com


I hope you are inspired by my box card and try out the tutorial yourself. It's really not that difficult.
I look forward to seeing your projects using numbers so don't forget to go back to Tip Top Tuesday blog and link them up.

Now it's your turn....go make something beautiful! 

A sincere thank you to all my followers and if you are a visitor then be sure to follow all things beautiful and I'll send you a shout out on next weeks Feature Friday post and link your blog so others can visit you too. Oh and how could I forget--you'll be entered in my 175 followers BLOG CANDY drawing. Check out the blog candy tab to see whats up for grabs.
( Unfortunately, there are some who have not posted in the comments or sent me the link to their blog in an email. I will not be hunting for your blog so if you don't post your blog address I won't be able to link it up)
Challenges:





15 comments:

Laurian said...

What a great box card!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope you come back soon!

Hugz

Laurian

Michelle said...

That's a wonderful box card Amy. I sure would love to have a go at one of these. You are right, a little boy would love to receive this from his dad. I love the army bear as well. Michelle x

Diane said...

Amy your box card is WONDERFULL and GREAT fun sweetie !! A really fab creation and I agree it would be fab for a small boy/girl to recieve it from their dad in the forces !! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

Good luck sweetie !!

hugs Diane xx

karalschuknecht said...

The is fabulous, beautifully done. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Cards for a Young Boy Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
Karal QKR Stampede DT

Tracey said...

This is so cool Amy :o)
Thanks for joining us at Jellypark Friends & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Judy McKay said...

Fabulous creation. Great use of the design and colours. Thank you for joining us at Fitztown this week and I hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Emily Thubbron said...

Amy, this is beautiful. I love it. Wow. Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede for our One for the Boys challenge.

Emily T.
DT Member

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Very patriotic and adorable! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck! I hope you noticed we’re having a DT call as well! Be sure to let all your friends know! You can read all the details here.
Ema
FCB DT Coordinator

Tip Top said...

Wonderful! I've made a few of these but not as stunning as yours! Thanks so much for joining in with the Jellypark challenge – hope to see you again next time!

Melanie Smith said...

Super Cute pop up box. I love the military theme! Thank you for participating with us at "Through the Craft Room Door", Hope to see you again soon. Melanie (DT)

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Oh my Amy...this is just lovely. What a wonderful creation...and so much work too. Wow.

Thanks for joining us this week at Fitztown for our Lots of Layers Challenge. Good luck.

Lynn, Fitztown DT

goldie said...

This is adorable!I love those pop up boxes and you did a great job!
Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs!

Mojca said...

ohhhh this is such a lovely project! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

Anonymous said...

A brilliant pop-up box card, love the design...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge!
Helen x

cotnob said...

This is an fabulous box card, such a brilliant design, perfect for our Cute and Cuddly challenge.
Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
Pauline
x