Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Using Your Tools Thursday # 13 - Serene Sails

Hello Friends! Thanks for checking out my Thursday post. This week I chose to use a few things that had been stashed away. Pattern paper from a DCWV stack, a stamp & watercolor paints. I love when I can grab several things I haven't used in a while and put them together in one card!

So...drum roll please...
I set my mind recently to focus on masculine cards. It's so easy for me to make feminine cards but when a masculine birthday arises I don't have any on hand. So this past weekend I sat down and made 5! 

I'll post them over the next several weeks. 

This card made Guest Designer on 
11/20/13

I used several elements to add rustic texture here. The pattern paper is from DCWV The Guy Stack. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady set

The water was painted using Inkadinkadoo watercolor paints which I haven't used since I bought them probably...shhh, don't tell anyone...2 or more years. Eeak!!! The stamp is from a JustRite stamp set Anchors Away. I also used some twine I bought at Wal-Mart in the jewelry making isle, Chestnut brown ink from Colorbox and a Fiskers crimper tool. I added the bronze brads and pop dotted that section of the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you like my card. Please feel free to browse and leave any comments on this or any of my posts! I certainly hope you leave me a comment. I love to hear your thoughts and what your favorite part of my card is. Have a wonderful Thursday and hope to see you back for my Saturday Scrapbook page. Don't forget to make something beautiful today!


No comments: