Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day Wishes card

  Hello and Happy Father's Day! 
I finally finished my last Father's Day card a few days ago for this year's special day for dads.  I thought today would be the perfect day to share it with you. You can find my other 2 cards here and here
Today's card layout was inspired by a recent Gina K Designs tutorial found here.
I kept the layer colors for this card very masculine. I used my score board to add some dimension to the card stock and stamped the sentiment on vellum.
I popped up the deer image with some dimensional adhesive to help it stand out. I found this stamp in the $1.00 bin at JoAnn fabrics and fussy cut it. I ran a dark colored marker around the edges to mask any white space and the background piece was cut from a spellbinder, while still in the nestibilitie I colored the background using Tim Holtz distress stain and then stamped on top with another $1.00 stamp with sage green ink.


So that's my last Father's day card but I do have one more card to show you. I made this card a few months ago using a tutorial I saw on the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge Blog. The link to the tutorial is on my tutorial tab at the top. I made a few of the cards without using any sentiments so that I could personalize them as needed. 

I thought I would show you one I finally personalized.


Well, I hope you've enjoyed joining me in my Father's Day card making frenzy this last week and I hope you find time to spend with loved ones today and always find time to make something beautiful!

Challenges:
2 Sisters-Make Your Own Embellishments- Sentiment banner, Center focal square, embossing with score board

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards hunny love them both! I have to make one of those tux cards some day :) makes me smile xx
thanks hugs me x

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Love both your cards, but especially the one with the deer! I can't believe those stamps were just $1. You did a great job fussy-cutting, too. Thanks so much for sharing these!

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jules said...

A very clean and simple but effective masculine card. Thank you for joining us at BMD, good luck xoxoo

carol said...

Fabulous CAS Card, Thanks for playing along this month at BEARLY-MINE X Carol