Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

TTT- Faux Metal Peacock Easel Card

Greetings fellow crafters and welcome to another Tip Top Tuesday Challenge. For this challenge we are using metal or Faux metal.  So there is such a story to tell about this card....4 weeks of trying to figure out how I was going to make faux metal. 

I love challenges and well...this WAS quite a challenge! Once I was inspired by the peacock image by Too Cute for Jessica I was then in a conumdrum about how to put it into a format for a card. Weeks and weeks of picking up that peacock and gettng nowhere and then putting it down on the craft table and walking away from it for a few days. This went on and on and on.....

So for better or worse here is my faux metal card creation...
You can find a tutorial on how to make around easel card here. You can also find more tutorials on my tutorial tab here.
I won with the card
 
3/26/2014

This is my first Easel Card! I chose to make a round one. So lots of firsts for this challenge! You can find a tutorial to make your own Round Easel card under the Tutorial tab at the top.

i used black gesso and opalite to create the faux metal look. Lots of layers and then ran the body of the peacock through the cuttlebug using Swiss Dots embossing folder. I printed out the peacock patterned cardstock by finding a picture from Google.  I copied, pasted, sized and printed.
Here's a side view of the card.

I used my cricut for most if not all the peices on the card.See the product list below. I hope you enjoyed veiwing my card and are inspired not only to try some fauz metal techniques yourself but also to join in our challenge. You can find the Tip Top Tuesday challenge here.

Products:
Peacock feathers
Hero Art sentimtent stamp
Copper brads by Recollections
button from my stash
green and Tourquise ribbon
Viva Decor pearl pen in Copper, Bronze, Silver & Gold
Devine Swirl cuttlebug embossing folder
Swiss Dots Cuttle bug embossing folder
jewelry wire and small pearl stickers for the eye and headdress of the peacock
Bazzill Cardstock
card base Sweet Treats Cricut Cartridge
scalloped border Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge
medium circle Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge
Pretty Peacocks cut file by  Too Cute by Jessica


Challenges:

Now it's your turn....go make something beautiful! 




17 comments:

Kerry said...

Well I think it was worth all the tooing and froing Amy...your card is gorgeous! The colours are stunning and I love the peacock with the pearls on his tail. Thanks so much for joining our For A Special Lady challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous creation Amy, I love the colours and that gorgeous peacock feather. Your faux metal peacock looks really good. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Wendy said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful and unusual card with us at Craftyhands, good luck! Wendy. DT XX

Krystle said...

Wow!!! Your card is gorgeous!!! Absolutely love that peacock!! I will have to try out the tutorial!! Thanks so much for linking up at Craftin' Desert Divas!

Krystle CDD DT
krystlescraftyniche.blogspot.com

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh your card is so beautiful. Love the cut of it. Your peacock is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week.
Linda K. DT
www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Wow I am back, Love the card and your peacock is stunning. Love the way you embossed it. Thanks for joining us at Created with Love Challenge this week.
Linda K. DT
www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

Mayras Designs said...

This is a stunning card !!! Absolutely beautiful !!! The colors are gorgeous !! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin' Desert Divas Linky Party !

Mayra DTM
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

beautiful card, I love the colours and layers. Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Unknown said...

I love your faux metal peacock Amy. Brilliant project!!! Hugs, Lisa

Mrs Beez said...

This is stunning and you totally nailed the easel card. Love the layers, textures and colours. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Anonymous said...

Amy your Peacock and card is AWESOME I love love love it I would LOVE to have one on my craft desk.... HINT HINT! :0)
so clever and would make a GREAT tutorial too! hint hint :)
hugs me xx

Alrik said...

A very beautiful card.

Cynthia T said...

The feathers are so romantic and elegant! Loving this card :)

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

Such a fabulous card and use of color!

JoNeita said...

I love the use of the feather. Perfect! Thank you for joining us at FCCB!

Kim's Kreations said...

WOW! what a wonderful card. Lots of creativity went into it. Thanks for linking to our challenge this week at FCCB. Kim

Barb said...

How Cute--Great Colors and Design!

Thanks for joining us at the Melonheadz Challenge this week. Good Luck! We hope to see you join us in future challenges too.
Barb—DT