Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Open Minded Baseball Birthday Wish

 Welcome! I'm so glad your here to check out my newest Design Team creation for the Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge Blog. I'm so thrilled to have the opportunity to craft with a fabulous digital stamp byDigi Darla. Our challenge this time is to use some buttons.

This is my take on the challenge...
I used some of my Cricut cartridges for the baseball theme elements. I distressed the pattern paper and used some faux stitching. The image had an old fashion feel so I chose to color it in sepia tones and just keep the embellishments in nuetrals as well.
Here's a closeup of my layers.
and here's a closeup of the digi image by Digi Darla

Although this card uses faux stitching you can find tips and strategies on how to add stitching to your cards here. You can also find more tutorials on my tutorial tab here.
Products:
Sports Mania Cricut Cartridge
From My Kitchen Cricut Cartridge
Bazzill cardstock
hemp cord
wood button
Copic markers
Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder

I hope you are inspired by my birthday card and join in our challenge. Don't forget to go back and link your project and don't forget to check out the other wonderful design team submissions for this challenge. Now it's your turn...go make something beautiful...

Thank you to my followers for always checking out my latest creation and if your visiting thank you and please consider following me. If you become a follower I'll send you a shout out on this weeks Feature Friday post and link your blog so others can visit you too. Oh and how could I forget--you'll be entered in my BLOG CANDY drawing. Check it out here!

( Unfortunately, there are some who have not posted in the comments or sent me the link to their blog in an email. I will not be hunting for your blog so if you don't post your blog address I won't be able to link it up)
Our Sponsors:
       

     

14 comments:

cass said...

Love the colours, great way to add a button, wonderful inspiration for our challenge at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight.

SoniaW said...

What a fab card - i love the faux stitching and the colours that you have used - thanks for joining us at crafting from the heart - Sonia W DT x

Anonymous said...

Super cute baseball card! Love the stitching and the distressing. Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

Mei
LTC DT
Anyone for Anya DT
Stampavie and More DT
Creative Fingers DT 

Darlene said...

What a fabulous creation! This would be perfect for my great niece ... she's an All-Star Softball Player. Thanks for sharing this fabulous design and Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Unknown said...

Fab Design….thank you for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, I hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge…
Hugs
Suzy B~Owner~ Fan-Tastic Tuesday
XX

GOOD LUCK xx

Lisbeth K said...

Very pretty card, I love the sepia color :) Thanks for sharing with us at JIC this week :)
Lisbeth @ Lisbeths hobbyer
DT Just Inspirational
DT Through The Purple Haze
DT The Outlaws, Sketch

Unknown said...

Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Diane said...

Adorable card..so cute!!!! Thank you for joining us at "The Sisterhood" for our "Sentimental Journey" challenge!!
Diane DT

Crafty Judith said...

Hi hun adorable card - thanks so much for playing along at CraftyHands and very good luck x

vivie said...

oh what a beautiful card!!! love so much!!!! thanks for joining us at just inspirational!!!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Great card. Love that image she looks like my grand daughter. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenges.
Linda K. DT
www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing this fun card with us at Craftyhands, good luck! Xx

Unknown said...

ve your card it is such a beauty thanks for joining us at sister act this week and good luck l

Terri's Cards N More said...

What an adorable card! Just love the image and the baseball mitt. Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood's "Sentimental Challenge".