Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Monday, June 17, 2013

In Honor of Father's Day

 Hello There! Now I know Father's Day was yesterday but certainly I didn't want the post to precede the giving of the cards so I'm posting them today after the big event. I used manly papers and some metal materials to enhance the male factor.
For both cards I made the wood grain paper using a technique I learned from a card making DVD by Megan Elizabeth from Above Rubies Studio. You can find the video hereI added the eyelets and metal ties to add interest. The metal ties are from the jewelry making section of your craft store. The patterned paper from both cards are from the DCWV paper The Guy stack. I popped up the patterned grill paper with dimensional adhesive and adhered the sentiment flat.


For this card I went a bit more clean and simple but with lots of layering. I added some felt ribbon for texture and I used  You're Amazing stamp by Studio G for the sentiment.

I hope you enjoyed this post and feel free to leave comments on one or both cards. Have a great Monday and don't forget to take some time for yourself and create something beautiful!

No comments: