Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Card Making Monday # 41 - American Quilt

Welcome to a new Card Making Monday post.

What can be more American that quilting?! Ok, ok after apple pie and basballl. lol With July 4th fast approacing I chose to pull out my red, white and blue scraps and create a quilted patterned for this card.
 This allows for lots of detail without the bulk frowned upon in the mailroom. In addition I kept the ribbon knots relatively flat so no big bumps when in the envelope.

Here's my peice of Americana with my American Patriotic card...what ya think?

Here's a closeup of  the zig zag stitching I used for the quilt. You can find tips and strategies on how to add stitching to your cards here. You can also find more tutorials on my tutorial tab here. I kept the sentiment and other embellishments simple so that the stitching could take front and center.

This card will make it's way to Operation Write Home. If you want to know more click on the badge located on the right of my blog. 

Products:
paper scraps from my stash
stitching
Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge for tag
blue ribbon

Thank you to my followers for always checking out my latest creation and if your visiting please consider following me. If you become a follower I'll send you a shout out on this weeks Feature Friday post and link your blog so others can visit you too. Oh and how could I forget--you'll be entered in my BLOG CANDY drawing. Check it out here!
( Unfortunately, there are some who have not posted in the comments or sent me the link to their blog in an email. I will not be hunting for your blog so if you don't post your blog address I won't be able to link it up)

now it's your turn...go make something beautiful...

No comments: