Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Card Making Monday #43 - In the Clouds

Good Morning Ya'll this fine Monday! Welcome to another Card Making Monday. This is my first attempt at acetate cards. WOW! What a time consuming effort to line everything up on the inside to mirror the outside so the adhesive doesn't show. But in the end...I LOVE IT! If you'd like to see the tutorial I used hop on over to my tutorial page. You'll find it there.

I used Lili of the Valley Stamps and a sentiment. That makes 2!
For the image, I used was James bear - Umbrella and the sentiment comes from a boys stamp set (Sorry, can't remember which one it was)

I am very excited to share with you my first acetate card.

I cut the clouds using my Cricut and SCAL program and then layered and embossed them with Cricut Swiss Dots Embossing folder 

Here's a close up...I used Staz On Black ink to ink the sentiment on the acetate. I chose the sentiment "Just for You" because it's so versatile. I like to use thissentiment so that I can stamp whatever greeting is needed when the time comes to send a card. It will work for most occasions and you'll have a little stash of cards ready to go.

I flipped the image for the inside of the card by stamping the image first on acetate and then took the acetate and rubbed it onto a piece of white card stock with a brayer. 


Here's the Copics I used

I hope you enjoyed viewing today's card Making Monday.

If your visiting please consider following me. When you become a follower I'll send you a shout out on my next Feature Friday post and link your blog so others can visit you too. You'll then be entered in my BLOG CANDY drawing. Check it out here!
( Unfortunately, there are some who have not posted in the comments or sent me the link to their blog in an email. I will not be hunting for your blog so if you don't post your blog address in a comment or email it to me I won't be able to link it up)



 Take care and go make something beautiful....

Challenges:
Scribble & Scrap- AG
That Craft Place -AG
Fantastic Tuesday - AG
Crafting By Design -Sentiment
Penny's Paper Challenge- AG
Simon Says Stamp- Spots and Dots
As You Like It - Sentiment & Why
Hanna & Friends - We Celebrate
Sister Act Card Challenge - AG
LOTV- Takes 2
Cards Galore Encore- Stamped Images


16 comments:

Alyx said...

This is so cute! Love it. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Laurian said...

What an adorable card!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

Jan Marie said...

Very clever and very cute!! Love the fancy folds and the darling bear! You showed your hoard that you're the boss!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

lost coast scrapper said...

Darling! I too love the fancy folds and the bear! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

jenn shurkus said...

what a clever card! love the dimension it has :) thank you so much for playing along with us at simon says stamp!

Tammi said...

this is adorable!!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders!!

Unknown said...

This is so lovely...
Thank you for joining us over at Crafting By Designs & good luck!
Sanja, DT

Glenda said...

Your card is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Well, it was worth all the effort! Your card is totally adorable and I love the 3-D effect you achieved. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Unknown said...

So sweet thanks for joining us at sister act this week and good luck
Hugs Tonnie DT

1CardCreator said...

What a sweet card, love the cloud with the sentiment too. So glad you joined us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. ~Diane GDT

Unknown said...

Fabulous card. Loving the cloud effect and that super cute image. Great idea with the acetate. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use A Stamp Or Digi #7 and Good Luck!

Gemma said...

Fab acetate card
Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use a stamp or digi on your project challenge #7
Good luck
Gemma xx

Anonymous said...

Super cute card love the umbrella colour too! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Unknown said...

Love all the work you did with the embossed clouds! And the way you created your card - love the idea! July GDT at Craft Hoarders Anonymous - Sabrina

Gloria Stengel said...

So cute! I love the clouds! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!