Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Write Home Wednesday #4-So Much Love

Hi There!
  This week's OWH cards  are "I Love You" cards. I packed up a flat rate box of cards this past weekend and noticed I was a bit short on Love You themed cards so I set out to use the past couple of sketches and add I Love You sentiments for these cards to fill the box. Yeah! I'm getting closer to my goal of 150 cards! 

Here's my cards for this weeks Write Home Wednesday. The papers for both these cards came from MME 6x6 paper pad Dolled Up. I typically use Bazzill cardstock with my cards because it's a bit heavier and I can get it at my local Michaels Arts & Crafts or ACMoore store.

 I kept the first card a bit simple and stamped my sentiment on one of the banners

Here's the inspiration for this card 
226

I used less layers than in the sketch but popped up the middle banner to help the sentiment stand out. My patterned paper was a plain enough patterned that it doesn't distract form the sentiment.

For my second card I used Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge for the flowers and Lacy Labels for the butterflies.
I added some gems to the centers of all the embellishments for some dimension.


Here's the inspirations sketch
Sketch 225
225


That's it for today! If you have any questions about the products or techniques I've used on these cards please feel free to send me an email using the contact form on the right.

If you want to know more about Operation Write Home click on the image below and it will bring you to their home page. They also have a blog with lots of creative ideas and tutorials. I hope these cards inspire your creativity and maybe you'll be encouraged to send some of your homemade cards to our soldiers overseas too through Operation Write Home!


A sincere thank you to all my followers and if you are a visitor then be sure to follow all things beautiful and I'll send you a shout out on next weeks Feature Friday post and link your blog so others can visit you too. Oh and how could I forget--you'll be entered in my 175 followers BLOG CANDY drawing. Check out the blog candy tab to see whats up for grabs.
( Unfortunately, there are some who have not posted in the comments or sent me the link to their blog in an email. I will not be hunting for your blog so if you don't post your blog address I won't be able to link it up)

3 comments:

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Great cards! Love the subtle patterned papers in the first, and the repeated stamped greeting on the second. Thank you for sharing, and for supporting OWH!

Bridie said...

Brilliant design, I'd have been tempted to put an image in the space but it looks so much better the way you've used the sketch. Fab masculine colour combo too.

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Have Friday!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Unknown said...

Hi Amy, wonderful card and also your gorgeous other posts....thanks for your lovely comment. I have some candy/giveways on my blog if you are interested.xx