Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Monday, August 11, 2014

CMM # 44 - Watercolor Daisies

Hello to a brand new Monday! This is my first completed watercolor card. It certainly wasn't my foirst attemp at watercolor. lol Oh MY! I took the watercolor class at online classes and have been practicing. I'm a put everythig in its pace kinda person so the abstract look that can come with watercolor is out of my norm. For this card I used the distress markers.

I added some gens for the center and some silver sequins for texture and bling.

That's been the hardest part for me. I've used lots of watercolor paper and thrown out most of my attempts. For me, it's been hard to control the waterflow and have ended up with a bunch of mess. I should have started with a simple design like this one forst. Instead I started with a hug sunflower image with lots of details.
Here's the many messy attempts before this card.

I'm not sure which medium I like best. I bought a small box of tubed watercolors from Ocoean State Job lot, a bunch of distress stains and some distress markers. I''ve almost come to mix all three in some of my practice images.

Now it's your turn to go make somethng beautiful....

Products:
Hampton Arts Footlong Flowers Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Distress markers Forest Moss, Worn Lipstick, Victoria Velvet
Tim Holtz Distress stain Tumbled Glass 
Recollections gems
Silver Sequins
Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge-Tag
Black and Grey Twine
Hero Arts Sentiment stamp


Thank you to my followers for always checking out my latest creation and Thank you if your visiting. Please consider following me. If you become a follower I'll send you a shout out on this weeks Feature Friday post and link your blog so others can visit you too. You'll also be entered in my BLOG CANDY drawing. Check it out here!
( Unfortunately, there are some who have not posted in the comments or sent me the link to their blog in an email. I will not be hunting for your blog so if you don't post your blog address in a comment or email to me I won't be able to link it up)


4 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your watercolour work is beautiful! The tag and the blings are perfect to complete it!

Margaret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret said...

Your card is lovely. I struggle with water colour too and I think that persevering with a technique out of our norm is really good for us. Art journalling is my 'out of the norm' technique of the moment

Margaret xx

Susan Powell said...

This is beautiful Amy!