Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

OWH - MWT Color Challenge - Black & White with hint of Green or Red

This card came about by trial and error. I recently learned a new technique using Black Gesso and Opalite inks.  I used Cypress Frost on this card.  I painted on the black gesso and then brayered on the Opalite. When I saw the metallic finish I instantly thought dragon flies. Hmmm...how to incorporate the black and white for the challenge?...Embossing powder.  I began with white metallic but that embossed clear so I thought, no going back now so I added the black and that came out pretty good. Now did I have a flat white? Yes! When I completed the paper I then started searching through my stamps for a sentiment and Viola!
So here it is! My version of the black and white card challenge with a hint of green.
Materials:
Claudine Hellmuth Studio black gesso
Opalite Cypress Frost
Inkadnkadoo Gem Stone Insects
Amy Fedder Desingns - Just Right clear stamp set Anchors Away (sentiment)

I hope you enjoy my card and I'd love to hear any comments!

4 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Amy, this card is just beautiful. Your background is stunning. It is the perfect backdrop for your embossed dragonflies. This one could be placed in a frame and displayed proudly on someone's mantel or wall. Very impressive.

BobbisTreasure said...

WOW! Very dramatic! Love the versatility of the technique!

Lee Mae said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love those dragonflies and the techniques you used to make them.

Valerie said...

WOW this card is fabulous! I love dragonflies. Great sentiment!