Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

OWH MWT & Sketch #157

To start off with I finally set up my photo box for taking pictures of my card based on the OWH better photos tutorial (Link Here ) I'm so glad I did. I am so pleased with how my cards finally jump off the web page. The details show beautifully too! Now I need to make one a little bigger to fit my 12 x 12 scrapbook pages. 

157 Katie
This is the card sketch for the week. I simplified my version. The sketch called for so many littler pieces and I used strips. I took my time to add a few details. I decided to use the last 6 inches of the velvet ribbon. In person the texture is so cool. Still using my scrap stash from making my own 6x6 paper pads

Materials:
Lili of the valley Stamp Swing Time ST001
Studio G VP0017 Yellow
Cuttlebug Folder Swiss Dots
Copics Y11, E00, E79, YG03, BV02, E37, E13, C3



For this weeks MWT they are looking for birthday cards. I tried to add as many elements as I could. I almost felt a little like Sandy who couldn't stop embellishing! lol

Materials:
OWH Sketch 101
Sew Easy bakers twine
$ rubber stamp from Michaels
Jolees All that Bling gems
Versamark
Inkadinkadoo Copper embossing powder
Bazill cardstock
inkadinakadoo- Candle stamp from Birthday Fun set

I hope you enjoy and send me a quick comment letting me know how you like the improvement to the photos and then go back to the OWH website and leave a little love there too! Now it's your turn to make something beautiful! Have a great week!

6 comments:

Erika said...

I made a lightbox too and it really helps my photos. Your cards are just great.

Anonymous said...

I followed the same tutorial...it really does help even out the lighting so the cards stay true to color. Glad to see others are having success with it. Your cards look great and not too embellished (can there ever be such a thing?) Great work.

Jen M said...

Yyour photos look great! Wasn't that box easy? :) I love your sketch card; that velvet ribbon looks so pretty!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful cards, I love them both!


Thanks for playing in our OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge this week!

Unknown said...

Thank you for all your encouraging comments. Certainly gives me motivation to keep on cardmaking!

Cherie said...

That first card it adorable; great job with the sketch. I like all those background papers together. Your birthday card really stands out with that pink sentiment.